We recently participated in a branding study by The Electrical Distributor magazine (tED) which sought to evaluate awareness and preference for manufacturers of various lighting and electrical products.
Here are a few of the key takeaways found by the study:
- Electrical Distributors use many sources – such as print, in-person, trade publications and sales reps – to stay up-to-date on electrical products and equipment.
- 62% of electrical distributors carry lighting.
- The top factors that influence electrical distributors when deciding which lighting brands to stock are – quality/reliability, manufacturer’s reputation/integrity, availability/delivery and technical support/service.
- Electrical distributors are highly influential in the brands of lighting their customers buy.
- Looking ahead to 2013, 87% of electrical distributos anticipate flat or improving lighting sales.
To our electrical distributor readers, are these findings comparable to what you see in the field? We’d love to hear your thoughts!