- Most Houzz users don’t want a larger kitchen, but want the feeling of space. Islands and open concepts are most popular now.
- Stainless steel is the top finish selection for appliances, followed by white or another color.
- Nearly all Houzzers surveyed say changing countertops is in their kitchen remodeling plans. Granite is their top material choice, and half are also selecting tile backsplashes.
- The majority of homeowners are selecting soft or neutral palettes for their kitchens.
- Users under age 45 are more likely to define their style as “contemporary,” while users 45 and over favor a “traditional” look.
- In general, Houzz says that homeowners are interested in creating kitchens that please themselves (rather than designing for resale), and focus on aesthetics and functionality.
- Half of respondents say using eco-friendly appliances and materials in their kitchen is important.
Are you planning a kitchen remodel? If so, what are the most important features in your new design? Leave your thoughts below.
P.S. Find lighting inspiration for your kitchen – and every room of the home – on Progress Lighting’s Houzz page!