The popular interior design social media site Houzz conducted a nationwide survey with more than 100,000 respondents on renovation and decorating activity. As the largest survey of its kind, the purpose remains to:
- Provide unique insights into historical and planned projects
- Determine the motivations behind these products
- Highlight the impact of the economy on home building, renovation and decorating plans among Houzz users
Over the next few weeks, we plan to unpack the interesting data revealed through this study. To start, we would like to highlight some of the major themes:
- Increased confidence among homeowners in the renovation and housing market: Three-quarters of U.S. homeowners believe now is a good time to buy a home.
- Bathrooms and kitchens remain top priority projects across the U.S.: These projects capture the lion’s share of home renovation dollars.
- More U.S. homeowners investing to increase home value: The primary motivation is to improve the look, feel, flow or layout of the home.
- Strong outlook for remodeling and design professionals: Homeowners planning major home renovation plan to hire professional help.
Source: Renovation in America, Findings from the 2013 Houzz & Home Survey