According to a 2013 National Association of Realtors study, millennials (or those born between 1980 and 2000) are the second biggest segment of the buyer market. Many agents say that these younger buyers tend to have similar “must-have” features for their homes.
Some of these features include:
1. Updated kitchen and bath: Kitchen and baths can be expensive when it comes to remodels and renovations, so many young buyers want these rooms to be equipped with all the latest technology and trends before they move into the home.
2. Large kitchens with an open floor plan: Young home buyers prefer an open floor layout over compartmentalized homes. The kitchen has replaced the formal dining room as a top hangout spot, ideal for entertaining.
3. A home office: More than 13 million Americans work from home. This number continues to increase, especially among the millenial generation. A dedicated space for home office activities is becoming increasingly important.
4. Low maintenance features: Younger homebuyers prefer homes that come with low upkeep features like wood floors and granite countertops that are attractive and hassle free.
5. Technology: Today, homeowners are more concerned about area cellular service and internet capabilities over cable and telephone. These options can largely increase or decrease a home’s appeal to this generation.
To read more on “Must-haves to sell to young homebuyers,” visit http://www.bankrate.com/finance/real-estate/must-haves-to-sell-to-young-homebuyers-1.aspx.