With advancements in lighting technology, it’s simple to reduce energy costs and consumption in your home. Easily improve your home’s eco-friendliness with these five steps:
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent lights (CFLs). The newest CFLs have improved color quality, that gives off a warm, inviting glow.
- For your outdoor lighting fixtures, choose LED options or use CFLs. Progress Lighting offers a variety of LED landscape lighting options and has a number of LED decorative fixtures slated for June 2014.
- Consider Energy Star-qualified fixtures and bulbs. This means they are certified by the U.S. Department of Energy as energy efficient. Progress Lighting offers many Energy Star rated options to match your decor.
- Retrofit recessed lighting with LED fixtures. It’s easy to replace recessed fixtures with super energy-efficient LED versions. Although the initial cost of LEDs is higher, the ROI in energy savings is worth the switch.
- Replace undercabinet lighting. LED strips and pucks are easy to install and give off less heat than incandescent.
Source: American Lighting Association, ENERGY WISE: Boost Your Eco-friendliness with a Few Easy Steps