Progress Lighting recently unveiled one of its most innovative LED designs – the new P8022 Series. The P8022 unites performance, cost and safety benefits for an LED solution unlike any other on the market.
The first of its kind, the P8022 is designed for both surface mounted and recessed applications, while also eliminating the need for a traditional LED driver. This cost-effective source offers superior performance in a sleek design – at the right price.
Additional key features include:
- Designed for recessed and commercial settings
- Classified for wet locations and fire-rated application
- Slim profile to coordinate with any design scheme
- 120V alternating current, without a traditional LED driver
- 17 watt input power with 1070 lumen output
- Easy installation into junction boxes and multi-sized recessed housing
See just how simple it is to install the fixture by watching this how-to video:
Stay tuned as we continue our “Shining Light on LEDs” series next week on the blog!
With more and more homeowners completing renovations in 2014 and the recent phase out of certain light sources, it seems everyone is talking about LED lighting. These energy-efficient sources provide numerous benefits – from energy savings to aesthetic appeal.
With all the LED buzz, this month, we will be hosting a weekly blog series titled ” Shining Light on LEDs.” Our goal of this series is to to do just that: Shine light on what the LED revolution is all about. Our team of lighting experts comes together to unpack all you need to know to take advantage of these energy efficient sources.
Let’s start with some of the basics about LED lighting:
How LEDs work
- LED lighting products use light emitting diodes to produce light very efficiently. An electrical current passed through semiconductor material illuminates the tiny light sources we call LEDs. The heat produced is absorbed into a heat sink.
Saving energy with LEDs
- According to the Department of Energy, “LEDs offer the potential for cutting general lighting energy use nearly in half by 2030, saving energy dollars and carbon emissions in the process.”
Inherent benefits of LEDs
- LEDs have many unique, inherent benefits including long life, ease of maintenance, resistance to breakage, lack of infrared or ultraviolet emissions, and instant-on performance.
Measuring color in LEDs
- Color appearance is communicated using correlated color temperature (CCT) on the Kelvin (K) scale. For most interior lighting applications, warm-white (2700K to 3000K) is preferred.
Expected Life of LEDs
- Good-quality white LEDs in well-designed fixtures are expected to have a useful life of 30,000 to 50,000 hours or longer.
Stay tuned! Next week we shine light on the energy saving benefits of LED lighting.
Sources: Energy Star, Learn About LEDs. Department of Energy, LED Basics.
With the help of image-driven social media sites like Pinterest and Houzz, today, designing the home you love with the features you want is easier than ever.
Our Pinterest boards are filled with inspiring room settings and on-trend lighting applications to match your unique style. Browse this week’s favorite pins among our followers, and don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for home ideas and inspiration.
Thinking of redoing a kitchen or bar area? Progress Lighting's Haven collection offers mini-pendants that would go great over a kitchen island or a wet bar. Available in Copper Bronze finish; CFL light source.
Beautiful room shot featuring our Alexa collection. Photo courtesy of Ryland Homes - www.ryland.com.
Illuma Flex track lighting installed in a kitchen from Progress Lighting.
A spa-inspired bathroom setting complete with the Progress Lighting Dibs collection.
Add an unexpected industrial-inspired flair with the Progress Lighting Fresnel collection.
Better Homes and Gardens editor Sam Hart unpacks the Top 5 Lighting Trends in a recent video featuring several Progress Lighting designs. Watch the video for lighting inspiration, and scroll below to see how our most recent designs embrace these top trends.
1. LED: With the phasing out of traditional incandescent sources, LED has come to the forefront of lighting design. New, innovative designs not only contribute to energy savings, but they complement both traditional and contemporary interior settings.
Our Bingo collection doubles as a light fixture and work of art. Available with replaceable LED modules.
2. Natural Materials: On-trend fixtures aren’t just inspired by nature, but they actually incorporate natural materials such as recycled wood, embodying a warm, rustic design.
Our Rush outdoor fixture is made of recycled bamboo wood.
3. Mini-pendants in sets or clusters: When it comes to pendant lighting in 2014, the more the merrier! Today’s homes mix and match decorative pendants for a fresh way to add task lighting to your layered lighting design.
Pendant styles hung at staggering heights create an intriguing and beautiful visual.
4. Orbs: Circular fixtures with exposed bulbs are trending in home design. Our Equinox collection offers adjustable ringed fixtures, available in a variety of sizes.
Project completed by Mary DeWalt Design Group, featuring our Equinox pendants.
5. Glamour: The glam trend is all about adding sparkle and shimmer – and making a statement.
Noir highlights a Hollywood glamour style with a shiny Polished Nickel finish and clear crystal teardrops.
The best thing about pendants is that they come in a variety of shapes, styles and finishes, offering fresh additions that match almost any design style. From the fun and flirty Kiss collection to the masculine, industrial-inspired Fresnel family, Progress Lighting offers pendants designed with the homeowner’s tastes in mind.
Which of these pendants match your personality?
Inspired by industrial roots, the Progress Lighting fresnel pendants bring touches of masculinity to the kitchen. Accent their masculine appeal with chic white cabinets for a beautiful display.
Calm & Collected
There’s hardly any collection more soothing than Progress Lighting’s Alexa collection. Featuring soft, etched glass, and a classy Brushed Nickel finish, these pendants bring a spa-like feel to calming interiors.
Progress Lighting’s Kiss, Modera and Glass Pendants come together for your not-so-typical bathroom display. Combining modern pendants makes for an artful solution to vanity lighting.
Progress Lighting’s Archie collection embodies retro styling with double prismatic glass and finely crafted knob and strap details. Express your love of the past with these popular pendants.
Fun & Flirty
The Progress Lighting Kiss collection gives interior settings sweet kisses of light. These sleek and shiny pendants contribute to an upbeat and lively approach to interior design.
For more pendant designs from Progress Lighting, visit http://progresslighting.com/products.aspx?Category=71.
According to the National Association of Homebuilders, bathroom trends for 2014 are inspired by clean, simplistic designs, energy-efficient features and a spa-like relaxation. Take a look at what this year’s dream bathrooms are certain to include:
Sinks and vanities
- Floating vanities enhance the open feel of the room. A simple countertop with cabinet and drawers or a few shelves underneath is mounted on the the wall and seems to float above the floor, leaving an uninterrupted flow and easier cleaning.
Image featuring Progress Lighting Arise collection
- Granite and marble remain popular for vanity tops, shelves and ledges, but increasingly home owners are using new stone-based composite materials such as Caesarstone, which combines natural quartz with resins to retain the beauty of the natural stone.
- Simple, sleek lines in faucets are trending. Tubular faucets express basic unity of form and function, with wall- and sink-mounted models.
- Multiple shower heads for different water effects with walls and floors of nature-inspired colors and materials create a spa-like experience.
- Frameless glass is the choice for shower doors, keeping sight lines open and enhancing the clear, spacious aesthetics.
Image featuring Progress Lighting Chloe collection
- Toilets with a smooth, unified design, low water use and ease of cleaning are making a showing.
- Layered lighting design, with different fixtures to illuminate different areas of the room, creates an inviting visual atmosphere while lighting each area for its uses.
Image featuring Progress Lighting Rock On collection
- Vanity light fixtures are emphasizing clean, graphic lines, energy efficiency, and softening sconces.
- Pendant lighting adds visual interest, and brings lighting to exactly the desired location and height for grooming or other activities. A single large pendant light, such as one from Progress Lighting’s Markor collection, above a sink provides good task lighting and makes a bold statement.
Image featuring Progress Lighting Markor collection
- Recessed or flush mounted ceiling LED lighting fixtures softly illuminate a shower area. Some shower heads even contain softly colored LED lights for a fun added glow.
- Sound technology in the bathroom brings music to the spa-like atmosphere of the room. Recessed wall speakers, even a shower head containing Bluetooth speakers deliver the sound experience.
For more on 2014 bathroom lighting trends from the NAHB, visit http://www.nahb.org/generic.aspx?genericContentID=227656.
Spring is in full swing, and what better way to entertain guests than hosting a relaxing gathering in your backyard. Lighting plays a key role in creating a comfortable and inviting atmosphere for friends and family. There are many options when it comes to lighting your outdoor space to get the mood just right. From a simple display of kerosene lamps to modern wall sconces, beautifully illuminate your outdoor space on any budget.
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Table lamps: Consider adding rustic lanterns or kerosene lamps on your outdoor tables. They provide the same shimmering glow as candles, but won’t blow out.
Image courtesy of MarthaStewart.com
Path Lights: Positioning path lights along walkways and steps helps guests to safely and securely move about, while highlighting key architecture and plants in your backyard.
Image featuring Progress Lighting Mission path lights
String Lights: Holiday lights are a great way to add a little extra sparkle and shine to your evening shindig. And it’s an easy touch you can do the day of!
Industrial-inspired sconces: Contrast stone and rustic elements with sconces with metal shades for an unexpected, intriguing industrial influence.
Image featuring Progress Lighting Brookside collection
Tiki torches: Light up your backyard with classic tiki torches – which can be great for keeping bugs away, too.
Image courtesy of MarthaStewart.com
Modern tube lights: Position tube lights above a deck to provide mood lighting for areas ideal for entertaining.
Image featuring Progress Lighting cylinder outdoor lights
Better Homes and Gardens released their annual Lighting edition for 2014 – and we were pleased to see many of our favorite collections featured in this special issue. From our contemporary Bingo collection to the rustic appeal of Crestwood – take a look at which of our fixtures are causing chatter in the interior design community.
Our popular Bingo collection pushes the boundaries of illumination by doubling as wall and ceiling art. This eclectic fixture combines materials and color with subdued light, perfect for an entryway showpiece.
Noir is the perfect contrast of color and material – featuring crystals that sparkle accented by bold, black fabric. The chandelier and sconces add an elegant touch with distinctive style.
For the lover of all things rustic, there’s our Crestwood collection. The standard height for these statement fixtures is 30 inches above the tabletop.
Get inspired with Coupe, featuring clear ribbed glass suspended around an etched white diffuser.
Casual and relaxed, Dance features carefully selected elements, including glass beads, polished agate stone and natural crystal. These uniquely beautiful materials are playfully suspended for an undulating iron frame, which floats over a linen shade.
Stay cool and save energy with Progress Lighting’s Energy-Star rated AirPro fans.
Engage your own aesthetic style with Engage, a circular inspired bath collection offering a fun graphic representation that coordinates easily with popular bath accessories and patterns.
The shades on Progress Lighting’s Ashbury chandelier paired with the exposed bulbs of the Equinox pendants accent this open floor plan. (Glenwyck Country Manor – Alon Estates, TX)
We address the following kitchen lighting trends in Toll Brother’s Toll Talks blog this week.
- Industrial influences
- Large-scale lighting
- New finishes
- Clean, bright lighting
In addition to trend information, Toll Brothers includes some wonderful application shots featuring Progress Lighting. Head on over to the blog today to get inspired.
Recessed lighting provided by Progress Lighting
General contractor Andrew Roby, Inc. took home eight Excellence in Remodeling awards from the Home Builders Association of Charlotte.
One of Roby’s award-winning projects is renovation of Vicki Payne’s home. Payne is the host of For Your Home, the longest running home and garden show on TV. Last year, she downsized and moved to a 29-year-old brick ranch closer to the city, and then documented the full renovation in an eight-part series on her show.
Wall sconces from Progress Lighting's Lady Luck collection
Wall sconces from Progress Lighting's Lady Luck collection
Progress donated recessed lighting, modular fluorescent and decorative wall sconces for two bath and vanity areas.
“Progress Lighting played a major role in assisting Andrew win two Excellence in Remodeling awards by participating in last season’s FYH Project House,” said Payne. “I love the house and so did the Home Builders Association.”