We’re excited to introduce our official page on Amazon.com! Now, you can search Progress Lighting collections that are recommended for you – and buy directly from the site.
Check it out for yourself, and let us know what you think! http://www.amazon.com/l/3039329011#
When you think of Energy Star-rated lighting, what usually comes to mind? Most of us think of very functional downlights and products with limited visual appeal. While these types of lighting play an important role in our homes, Progress Lighting continues to expand our families that are both energy efficient and decorative.
Imagine illuminating your home with beautiful chandeliers, pendants, bath fixtures and outdoor lanterns that fit perfectly with your decor and are also Energy Star qualified. With Progress Lighting’s more than 200 qualified fixtures from multiple product families, this vision can be a reality.
Be sure to visit our Energy Star page regularly. We also recommend reading our Guide to Green Lighting to learn more about efficient options for your home.
Gather five-light chandelier
Wisten hall & foyer fixture
Promise outdoor lantern
Wisten one-light bath & vanity fixture
North Park ceiling fan
Our friends at Enlightenment magazine recently revealed the top 10 trends in home design and remodeling for the year – and we wanted to share them with you! We love how these predictions are all about achieving a modern look while saving time and money.
- Kitchen cabinets with a clean, simple contemporary look
- Countertops made of quartz composite – the closest thing to no maintenance
- Hardwood floors of pre-finished and engineered wood for installation time savings
- Glass backsplashes will replace glass mosiac tile in popularity
- Stylishly simple sinks with deep single bowls
- Color palette with charcoal tones
- Bathroom stone with the white background and bold grey veins of Calacatta marble
- Texture and sparkle with bold colors and Polished Nickel finishes
- Living in your home longer by incorporating aging-in-place designs
- Healthy home, healthy living with green and sustainable elements
Hanging lanterns from our Gather collection feature a Brushed Nickel finish that sparkles
Our Archie collection, Equinox pendant and new Lighting Solutions catalog were hot items this week! Missed our posts? See our favorite links here:
Where can you find all of Progress Lighting’s more than 3,000 fixtures, along with beautiful photography and helpful guides to lighting design? We invite you to explore our new Lighting Solutions – Catalog 130!
You’ll notice each family in our catalog is specifically labeled by Lifestyle. Based on your home design preferences, choose one of Progress Lighting’s five color-coded style palettes – Loft, Transcend, Relax, Elements and Grace. Mix and match collections within your Lifestyle to create the perfect medley of lighting for a cohesive look throughout your home.
We have also introduced a new “Outdoor Living by Progress Lighting” catalog section. As outdoor rooms become increasingly popular as a way to extend living space, we offer a full range of exterior and landscape lighting solutions to seamlessly transition between the areas of your home.
Check out the new Lighting Solutions catalog online, and let us know what you think!
Last week, Progress Lighting showed our most popular fixtures and complete collections at the International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas.
Visitors to our booth were impressed by our LED offering (such as the P8071 and P8080 downlights), bath and wall sconces, outdoor lanterns and more. We even hosted several product tours focusing on lighting for the ages.
Check out all of our photos from the event on our Progress Lighting for Builders Facebook page!
Earlier this week, we showcased our full lighting offering – including our latest introductions – at the bi-annual Dallas International Lighting Market. Progress Lighting has a permanent showroom at TM 3840.
Want to see highlights from the show, including our special customer event? Check out photos on our Facebook page!
Happy Friday! We hope you all have had a great week. In case you have missed some of our social media highlights, we’ve got our weekly lighting round up just for you! We’ve focused on everything lighting from entertainment rooms, Progress product reviews and the International Lighting Market in Dallas!
Lighting your “man cave”
Silver Lantern Pendant on Houzz.com
Progress Lighting P8022 review from Build.com
Instagram and the Lighting Industry
Dallas Market Center
2012 marked a significant year for the housing market. It is expected in 2013 that we will continue to see a “recovery” in housing, as inventory diminishes and prices rise.
However, there seem to be some new trends emerging in the housing sector in 2013 that you might not expect. Check out these trends provided by Morgan Brennan in Forbes magazine.
- Financing – With the Federal Reserve buying up $40 billion worth of mortgage-backed securities per month, lending rates will continue to hover near record lows. These miniscule mortgages rates are continuing to entice qualified prospective buyers.
- Mom and Dad – More first-time homebuyers are receiving gifts or loans from family members for down payments.
- “Fix ‘Em & Flip ‘Em” – Companies have begun to offer “Fix ‘Em & “Flip ‘Em” programs that provide up to 70% of the cost of buying and fixing up a home, typically at 12% annual interest.
- Nontraditional lenders. – Nontraditional lenders are funding more and more large-scale projects over commercial banks.
- Hotel luxury – Builders are increasingly taking advantage of luxury residential offerings like high-end hotels in mixed-use high rise buildings. This allows residents to enjoy year-round travel-like amenities in the luxury of their own home.
- Pet friendly – Some buildings are taking pet-friendly to another level by offering pet service centers. Dogs can now receive walks, grooming and play dates all within the owner’s residence.
- Remodeling – The housing market will experience an increasing amount of home makeovers throughout 2013.
- Going green – Green homebuilding is expected to encompass as much as 38% of the U.S. residential market by 2016. Spending on green home technologies is expected to rise as much as $114 billion from $7 billion.
- Smart homes – The invention of Apple products has had a direct impact on home automation. Allowing homeowners to automate living spaces more effectively and for less money. Homebuilders say smart home technology is a frequent request among clients and developers.
- Online buyers – Online real estate sites have become immensely popular as more house hunters are turning to the Internet.
- Online real estate brokerages. – Digital real estate firms source listings from multiple listing services and offer in-house agents to broker deals. These one-stop-shops are catching on fast.
- Real-estate-centric social networking. – Sites such as Houzz.com, a design and home remodeling site that allows users to create idea books and source contractors, have become extremely popular.
What housing trends do you expect to see in 2013?
Missed our tweets and Facebook posts this week? You came to the right place! Check out of favorites for the week of January 7….