Cody stands in front of his new home with his parents.
Progress Lighting recently worked with Operation Finally Home – a non-profit organization dedicated to providing custom-built homes for America’s military heroes.
We were honored to supply lighting in one of their custom made homes in New Braunfels, Texas. The house was turned over to wounded veteran Cody Nusbaum in a ceremony last month.
Thanks to Operation Finally Home for allowing us to support our nation’s heroes.
Progress Lighting supplied lighting for Operation Finally Home's custom-made home for wounded veteran Cody Nusbaum.
HomeSphere wants to know about YOUR “green” products.
Do you use environmentally friendly products when building your new homes? Share a photo of your coolest green features with HomeSphere and you’ll be entered for a chance to win a $250 gift card.
Follow three easy steps to enter:
1. Like HomeSphere on Facebook.
2. Upload your photo and complete the entry form.
3. Share your entry with your followers. They can support by voting.
Submissions may be made until April 30th. Enter today – and good luck!
Although today is Earth Day, Progress Lighting is committed to supporting our Mother Earth everyday of the year. From our green lighting options to our LEED-certified headquarters, we understand the importance of maximizing energy savings and reducing our global footprint – without sacrificing aesthetic appeal.
Here are some green initiatives actively supported by Progress Lighting:
- We participate in extensive research and development programs that ensure high standards of quality and innovation for green lighting in home applications.
Our popular Bingo collection is available in an LED option.
- To solidify our environment commitment, Progress Lighting moved into its LEED-certified headquarters in 2007.
We are the only lighting manufacturer with a USGBC LEED Silver certified headquarters.
- We offer a variety of LED products to match any lifestyle. With LED technology, a lighting fixture can last for decades, while offering significant energy savings.
Progress Lighting was the exclusive lighting supplier of the NAHB's 2014 New American Home. All of the featured collections were of the highest energy efficiency standards, including several LED solutions.
- We are proud to have award recognition by leaders in the lighting industry, such as the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA), Energy Star, and the American Lighting Association, among others.
We offer several Energy Star certified fixtures with beautiful aesthetic appeal, such as the Gather collection.
How are you supporting our Mother Earth? For tips on ways to make your home more eco-friendly, here are a few ideas.
Progress Lighting is embracing the fact that news creation and consumption continues to move online. After years of building our social media channels to engage with a variety of audiences, we have evolved our web presence by unveiling a digital newsroom, http://newsroom.progresslighting.com.
The digital newsroom provides new ways for consumers, prospects and partners to learn about Progress Lighting. Visitors now have access to items – including image galleries, video libraries and company news – that are easy to share with others.
Media, consumers, designers, bloggers, builder partners and online retailers can enjoy:
- Immediate access to digital and multimedia assets from Progress Lighting
- A new outlet to find and share company and industry news
- A variety of tools to learn about Progress Lighting and its product offering – in a central place
The digital newsroom will be continually updated – giving individuals a reason to visit often – and will also serve as a platform to share partner and online retailer news and information.
Take a tour of our new digital newsroom.
From bold and dramatic to clean and contemporary – the way you design the “heart of the home” says a lot about your unique personality. At Progress Lighting, we offer more than 5,000 lighting fixtures to provide you with lighting solutions that help you achieve your design goals, allowing you to transform your kitchen into a loving reflection of your distinctive style.
See how lighting is used to reflect 4 different personalities in the kitchen settings below.
Casual and Relaxed
This look is for homeowners who enjoy a casual lifestyle, where you can relax and enjoy a comfortable living environment. The charming details of our Meeting Street chandelier – featuring rustic scroll metal work complemented by ecru linen pleated shades – help you create a kitchen where family and friends will love to gather.
Retro and Transitional
This style is for the designer who loves designs inspired by the past. Capture nostalgic moments with handsome accents and refined details. Distinctive and stunning, our Crestwood lanterns add to this authentic kitchen for the homeowner that enjoys the best of classic and modern inspirations.
Clean and Contemporary
If warm and inviting complements your mantra, this look is for you. Featuring earthy styling and calming features, this kitchen uses lighting and accessories with minimalist undertones to create a refreshing look. Our popular Haven collection reflects the balance of Zen for today’s inspired interiors.
Dramatic and Glamorous
For the drama queen in you, this style features bold silhouettes with dramatic patterns. Incorporate lighting with chic and sleek accents for the ultimate metro vibe, as seen with our Bay Court pendants in this modern kitchen setting.
The trend to transform bathrooms into a place of escape, recharge and relaxation has penetrated the home improvement market. As a functional lighting source with unparalleled versatility, the traditional bath and vanity fixture isn’t disappearing any time soon; However, there are new ways trending in home fashion to beautifully illuminate your bathroom.
For the designer and homeowner wishing to breathe some unexpected creativity into your home’s design, here are 5 unexpected solutions to bathroom lighting that you probably hadn’t thought of…
1. Unexpected elegance.
Add a statement chandelier crowned with shades and adorned with glass beads for a glamorous solution that adds to your bathroom’s luxurious design. Image featuring our Nissé collection.
2. Unexpected pairings.
For spaces with high ceilings, bring the light down to your level with pendant lighting. If you’re loving more than one design, the good news is, you don’t have to choose just one! Combine your favorite designs for an unexpected – and beautiful – lighting solution at the sink. Image featuring our glass pendants, Kiss and Modera collections.
3. Unexpected relaxation.
Place a chandelier above the tub for the perfect atmosphere for a soothing soak. An elegant chandelier creates a space to unwind after a long and stressful day. Pair with some candles and sconces for the ultimate retreat. Project completed by Mary DeWalt Design Group – featuring our Nissé collection.
4. Unexpected boldness.
Large-scale lighting fixtures are trending in home fashion. Position a large pendant above a sink area for functional task lighting that makes an undeniable statement. Image featuring our Markor collection.
5. Unexpected functionality.
Recessed lighting fixtures contribute to a warm and inviting setting in your layered lighting design. A trend toward energy efficient sources – fit for the shower – is big for 2014. Wet-located options by Progress Lighting, available with LED sources, bring maximum value to homeowners through a combination of efficiency, aesthetics and functionality.
What are some other unexpected ways to illuminate your bathroom setting?
This weekend, we were excited to participate in a fun Sporting Clays event hosted by Cardel Homes in sunny Tampa, Florida. Our very own Lance Smith and Robert Chiles got to experience the action first hand. Enjoy images from the event!
Cardel Homes Designer Kelly Scott getting set up for the big event!
Let the shooting begin!
Lance and Robert enjoying some breathtaking views on the course.
Shooters received expert advice and shooting tips along the way.
Kelly Scott takes her turn. Right on target!
At Progress Lighting we offer a diverse range of styles and designs to cater to your personal home decor tastes. To do this effectively, we divide our fixtures into Lifestyle classifications, allowing you to easily create your very own lighting assortment that fits the environment you have created in your home.
For the homeowner that adores elegance and keepsake styling, there’s our Grace palette – featuring crystal, lustrous fabrics and hand-carved ornamental patterns.
If there is a space in the home that craves livable luxury – it’s the dining room. This is a special area of the home to wine and dine your guests. Here are four ways to create an elegant atmosphere with lighting in your dining setting.
1. Crown your fixtures with shades. Shades are a simple addition that breathe elegance into a dining setting.
The Roxbury collection features graceful fluted arms in a Classic Silver finish that emanate from a central column of fluted crystal. This fixture is ideal for formal dining settings, as seen above.
2. Select fixtures adorned with jewels and crystals. Lighting fixtures that sparkle really make lighting the jewelry of your home.
The Palais collection reflects happiness through its opulent, octagonal jewels and luxurious accents. An Imperial Gold finish highlights drops of cut glass with silk dupioni shades.
3. Complement your chandelier with wall sconces. The dining area can be made more sophisticated by adding coordinating wall sconces on the outer areas of the room, giving this space a unified look that enhances those special moments.
Antiqued ivory candles, off white Ireland fabric shades with braided trim and faux rock crystals define the Veranda collection.
4. Select a finish that fits the mood of your dining room. The finish of the fixtures you choose helps further the design goals of your dining room. A hand-painted finish with gold accents is one way to incorporate a warm and inviting feel into your elegant setting.
Clear seeded glass and an airy frame allow Fiorentino to create a dignified, yet unassuming presence. A hand-painted Forged Bronze finish blends brown and black tones, and faint golden highlights beautifully accent each etched detail – from columns and banding to stylized leaves and tassels.
Recessed lighting plays a key role in the functionality and design of your living space. From number of fixtures to positioning and placement, design your room for beautiful illumination with recessed lighting.
If you’re considering installing recessed lighting, here are some quick tips to follow:
- Avoid placing recessed lighting fixtures close together or in rows down the center of the room. This type of installation can create an unwanted commercialized effect, rather than a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Consider the size of your recessed fixtures to determine appropriate spacing. A common rule is that 4-inch fixtures should generally be placed at least 4 feet apart and 6-inch fixtures about 6 feet apart.
- Center recessed lighting fixtures in front of objects you would like to light. This could include a painting, bookshelf, or drapery panels. Generally speaking, 12 to 18 inches in front of that object is ideal.
- Consider lighting statement pieces from different angles. These objects can include a fireplace, sculpture, or flower arrangement.
- Use wall-washing recessed lighting fixtures around the perimeter of a small room to help “push” the walls out and make the space feel larger.
- The basic sizes of recessed fixtures are 4-, 5-, or 6-inches in diameter. Use 6-inch fixtures for tall entryways or two-story hallways, and the smaller 4-inch sizes for smaller spaces since they have a sleeker, contemporary look with minimal intrusion.
As always, we recommend a layered lighting approach when lighting your space. Consider pairing recessed fixtures with other sources like pendants, chandeliers and sconces to account for general, ambient and task illumination.
A popular trend we are seeing in today’s residential spaces – for both indoor and outdoor applications – is the use of over-sized lighting fixtures. These statement additions provide both beautiful and functional illumination, while also serving as a bold focal point in interior and exterior settings. These fixtures come in a variety of styles – from those that exude traditional sophistication to others that boast modern audacity.
A large lantern placed above a kitchen island or dining area invites guests in and unites your decor with a decisive visual interest piece. Featuring our Crestwood collection.
Group large fixtures above dining areas to create a warm and bright atmosphere. Featuring our Equinox collection. Project completed by Mary DeWalt Design Group.
A large shaded fixture unites minimalist design and vintage, modern styling. Featuring the Progress Lighting Markor collection.
For open floor plans, decorative lanterns can be grouped above work areas. Featuring our Bay Court collection. Project completed by Mary DeWalt Design Group.
Homes with a large facade look best with over-sized decorative outdoor fixtures. Featuring Progress Lighting Resort collection.