Just two more days until it is officially spring – which means it’s time to create your “honey do” lists, pull out the cleaning supplies and bring your home out of hibernation with a little spring cleaning! There are hundreds of tasks that can be done to refresh your home to celebrate the re-birth of spring, but which of these projects should be put at the top of the list? We always appreciate the opportunity to get into the minds of our designer partners when faced with a home improvement dilemma. Here are the projects that are topping their lists this season:
- 1. Clear the cobwebs
- A simple way to revive your home is to wipe down your baseboards, window stools and windows. “Clean windows make a huge difference and let you see how pretty it is outdoors,” said Gwynne, Liebl, Beazer Homes Design Center Manager. We’re all for seeing the bright colors of spring a little more clearly!
- 2. Clean exterior elements
- Interestingly enough, more than one of our designer partners named exterior lighting as a key area of focus for spring cleaning. As you’re refreshing your landscape with new blooms and putting out your outdoor furniture for springtime BBQs, brighten your exterior areas by wiping down glass and replacing bulbs in your exterior fixtures. Don’t forget to “also clean your front door, your door hardware and porch light,” added Liebl.
- 3. Ditch the heavy bedding
- Dark colors and heavyweight fabrics are warm and cozy – but much more appropriate for the winter months. Interior Designer Vicki Payne said that each spring she is sure to “replace heavy, formal bedding with light duvet covers and lightweight blankets.”
- Which projects are topping your spring cleaning list?