Progress Lighting’s popular Fresnel pendants were recently featured on Residential Building Magazine’s list of “10 Awesome Pendants That Will Class Up Your Interiors.” We were honored to be a part of the round-up.
In addition to the list of “awesome pendants,” editor Nigel Maynard also included some practical tips to keep in mind when selecting and positioning pendants in your home. While grouped pendants are a popular design trend, be sure to follow these 5 rules to ensure a beautiful display that will last for years to come.
When planning your lighting design:
- Identify the activities that occur in each room (reading, food preparation, hobby work, grooming, laundry, homework, etc.) to determine the amount of light needed to complete everyday tasks.
- Consider the mood or ambience that you want to create, or decorative elements you would like to accentuate, when determining your style of pendants.
- Keep in mind that dark colors absorb much light, and therefore it is necessary to provide supplementary light in spaces with dark wall colors and finishes.
- When remodeling, be sure to note the extent of the remodeling and identify the existing electrical locations.
- Also, identify which areas will serve more than a single purpose, as these spaces require more than one type of lighting.
To view the full article, click here.